We have assembled a list of frequently asked questions along with an RSVP form below that we ask you to fill out (the results of the form will be sent securely to our staff) so that we can plan well for our worship gatherings. Should you have any questions that we have not covered, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of our elders or our staff. We are here to serve you in any way that we can. Should you have any problems with the form, please don’t hesitate to contact Carrie Cline, our office administrator, and she’ll be happy to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I invite people to attend with me?
- By all means! We are planning with space for guests. If possible, please fill out an RSVP form for any guests so that we can welcome them well.
What provisions will be in place for social distancing?
- We will have ushers with a seat map pre-arranged to accommodate varying family sizes at appropriate distances. Each of our main entrances will be available for use.
What about masks?
- The Governor's office has ordered a statewide mask requirement when in public. This will not apply to those leading various elements of the liturgy (preaching, leading prayer, worship leading, etc.) as outlined by the Ohio Department of Health, though these same individuals should plan on wearing masks while not performing their various leadership functions (while seated or in common areas).
- We recognize that masks can be uncomfortable and are not optimal for things like corporate singing. We, however, are called to submit to our government leaders (Romans 13:1-7) insofar as our allegiance to God is not compromised. We encourage our church family to trust the Lord's sovereignty in this matter (Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God [Romans 13:1 - ESV].). Furthermore, the immense value of corporate worship is worth these temporary precautions.
- We will carefully monitor updates from the Governor's office and make changes when possible.
Have additional measures been undertaken to provide a safe environment for gathering?
- A local heating and cooling expert has inspected and reviewed our HVAC system and provided suggestions as to how we could proactively provide a safe environment in our sanctuary as we gather together for worship. We have taken action on these suggestions including the provision of more outside/fresh air turnover and the installation of multiple ionization units that have proven quite effective in eliminating viruses and pathogens in the air. This type of ionization technology has proven even more effective than UV light technology in killing viruses and pathogens. Please be assured that we have everyone's health and wellbeing in mind as we prepare to regather.
How can I access the livestream?
- The livestream will be available here on our YouTube Channel.
- Please note that the worship service will not be streamed on our church website, though the banner at the top of the website does provide a link to the YouTube channel for your convenience.
When should I arrive?
- We will discourage, for the time being, large, close gatherings in the lobby before and after services. Please plan on arriving in time to find seats for your family. Please feel free to gather in the parking lot (with appropriate distancing) before and after services.
What if I am not yet ready to attend a worship gathering?
- We encourage you to be very free to wait as long as necessary to feel comfortable rejoining the church family for corporate worship. While your presence will be acutely missed, your health and well-being is of great concern to us. Please plan on taking advantage of our livestream option.
What about children’s ministries?
- It is very difficult to provide ministries for children (nursery and kids’ classes) that allow for currently outlined social distancing guidelines. Because of this, we will not be providing children’s ministries for right now. We are paying careful attention to orders from the governor in regard to when parameters for daycares are relaxed as an important benchmark for when we will resume these ministries. We recognize that this will be a departure from what a number of our families are accustomed to, but we take the health of our families very seriously and will resume these ministries as soon as safely possible.
- We will provide a special, brief children’s sermon at each service and the services will be deliberately shorter than normal (see below). We welcome your children for worship. We want them there. Might our services be a bit louder than normal? Yes! Is that perfectly fine. Yes!
- Please also plan on keeping a relatively close on eye on your children and keep them close by until it is clear that social distancing guidelines can be relaxed.
How long will the services be?
- Our services will each be an hour or less. This will limit the amount of time for people to be gathered together inside and will allow us to be sensitive to families with younger children.
What about communion?
- We have purchased a large number of juice and wafer combos factory prepackaged and sealed. These will be set out on our welcome center by our deacon team with gloves prior to our worship gatherings at which we observe communion. You may secure the appropriate number of prepackaged combos for your family prior to the worship service. We will observe communion in the pews rather than our normal custom of leaving our seats and receiving the elements from our communion servers.
- We will provide no-touch trash receptacles for the wrappers and cups after the services.
What else will be different?
- We will not pass offering plates or provide bulletins. Many have become accustomed to online giving and our email announcements and we encourage you to continue to take advantage of these provisions. We will have a box available at the back of the sanctuary for those that still prefer to bring checks or cash. We will also remove all items from the pew racks for the time being.
- We will also temporarily discourage the use of the lobby during services. Should you need to calm a child or use the restroom, please do feel free, though we would ask you to not plan on using the furniture in the lobby for the time being. Should you need to keep a child out for longer than a few minutes, we ask you to consider going outside. Please note that classrooms along with the chapel in the south wing and the playground will not be available for use for the time being.
- Water fountains and coffee/snacks will not be available for the time being.
What plans are in place for disinfecting/sanitizing the building?
- The building will be cleaned including disinfecting all common surfaces prior to Sunday services.
What about restrooms?
- We plan to use only the main lobby bathrooms. For parents of young children, please plan on accompanying them in their use of the restrooms. There is a changing table in the newly renovated women’s restroom should you need to change your child’s diaper.
What about provision for washing and sanitizing hands?
- You may use the main lobby restrooms or the new sinks in the preschool hallway to wash your hands (please remember the 20 second guideline). Hand sanitizer will also be available at each entrance.
What about physical contact?
- We ask you to consider refraining for the time being from handshakes, hugs, etc. This is, admittedly, going to be hard as many of us have not seen one another in months. We are trusting the Lord for a return to some normalcy in the future.
What if I have recently been exposed to COVID-19?
- We ask that you refrain from attending corporate gatherings until tested or you have satisfied quarantine protocols outlined by the CDC.
What if I am evidencing common symptoms of COVID-19?
- We ask that you refrain from attending corporate worship gatherings if you are experiencing symptoms commonly found in those who have COVID-19. These symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting